Is your 9-5 office job taking a fee on your body? You may discover yourself gaining weight, getting sickening more habitually, or just feeling inactive and exhausted throughout the day. While you may not be capable to break out of the 9-5 world right now, there is plenty you can do to continue your health and keep your body in the tip-top system. Your 12 hour work day might help you earn that promotion but it is not doing much for your metabolism.
Here are some tricks to stay healthy in a 9-5 office job.
- Buddy up. The trick to avoiding obesity is steady movement. Thus, how do you incorporate much cardio into your desk job? By staying motivated with a ‘walking buddy’ throughout your lunch hour. The good news is this: if you need to bring additional exercise into your work day, it is a guarantee that at least five other of your co-workers need to as well. Not only is walking a huge cardio boost, but it will decrease the daily stress of your job, increase the office morale and allow you to skip right over that 3 pm energy slump.
- Keep a water bottle close at hand. One of the easiest, healthiest ways to improve your diet, curb cravings and stay up your energy level is by drinking 8 glasses of water a day. Keeping yourself hydrated will ensure you stay productive and alert – yet during that Monday morning meeting.
- Multitask during your break. It can be tempting to work through you’re 10-minute breaks at what time you are under a deadline but try not to. Not only does a mental break away from the computer allow you to be extra productive when you return from it, but it is an easy way to burn some calories when you do not have much time to spare. Take a quick walk around the office on one occasion or twice, and you will feel ready to tackle your next project with gusto.
- Use your office chair to exercise your ab muscles. Think of your desk chair as your greatest core strengthening tool. Get your abs in shape as talking to clients on the phone, writing emails or creating spreadsheets. Start by leaning forward, contracting your abs at the same time as breathing out. Repeat as a lot of times throughout the day as possible for a strong core.
- Resist the office donuts. Offices are notorious for high calorie, sugary breakfasts (although you appreciate the nice sentiment from your boss). If you start your workday with a sugary delight, you have a better chance of eating unwell all over the day. Substitute the donut for a high fiber choice instead. As a bonus, you will be more equipped to handle the pressures of your workday with ease and confidence
When it comes to getting fit (with hardly any time left in the day to do so), all it takes is a creative, think-outside-the-box mentality. Exercise does not have to be limited to lifting weights at the nearby gym, taking a spin class or running on the treadmill. By using your office tools, 10-minute interruptions and healthy snacking, even workhorses can get suitable – all without parting the place of work to do so.